Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Spanish banks are a waste of space

Alright, so I magically found $150 USD in my purse (thanks Ma!), so I have to go exchange it. I go to the nearest bank I can find, and realize that banks close at 2pm here! And I thought it was bad in the States. Anyway, I so I go during my lunch break on Monday, I've got more cash on me than is comfortable, and they tell me I need an ORIGINAL PASSPORT to exchange cash! Not even a copy of my passport or drivers' license sufficed. Whaaaat?

So I tried instead to find an internet cafe somewhere in Chueca that supposedly did it, asked like 10 people who told me different things, and ended up instead wandering around for over an hour to no avail. Also, I have no sense of direction so instead of trying to walk home, which would have been infinitely more convenient, I took like 5 metro trips. So tomorrow, looks like I have to walk around yet again, carrying my passport and more cash than is comfortable. So if I somehow end up stuck in Spain forever with no money, don't hold it against me.

Gaaah, Spanish bureacracy. Love it.

In other news, our spring break plans are halfway done.

First half of spring break: CANARY ISLANDS!!! Woohoo! Go ahead, Google the place and be amazed. We got ourselves airfare, a 4-star hotel for 5 nights, breakfast and dinner included, for less than 500 euros. It's a steal...and we get to go to one of the most incredible beaches in the world. Go us!

For the second half, we're tentatively considering Lisbon, Portugal because I've heard it's gorgeous. So excited!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home