PARIS, El Son, Commo revisited, Tex-Mex
PARIS - It's official! I'm going Feb. 17-19 as an early birthday celebration with Pam and Maria and Alexandra, two other girls from the program that I met in my orientation class. Anyone who thinks turning 21 in Europe is a disappointment is so, so, wrong. This was the best birthday present my parents could have given me - the opportunity to study and travel abroad to my heart's content. THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!!
Now, a short recap of where we went this weekend:
El Son - really cute latin music club in Sol. The disadvantage is the greasy Spaniards or foreigners who try to pretend that they know salsa just to dance with you. If you don't have a partner, Salsa, Merengue and Bachata can get a bit boring after awhile.
Commo - we love this bar, it was even more exciting than last time. It is the perfect atmosphere in a touristy district. They play American music but most of the people are still Spaniards. It's not too big, not too small, not too crowded, and drinks are reasonably priced. We met up with Marco, a kid from the trip, and his host brother Manuel, who is a Spanish equivalent of Vince Vaughn. I kid you not, he's like 6'3", skinny, go the sideburns and crazy facial expressions. Good times.
Me and Manuel (Vince Vaughn!!)

Tex-Mex: GREAT bar down by the Republica de Argentia metro stop on the Gray line. This bar is all locals, good-looking ones at that! We met up with Marco and Manuel, I met a nice guy named Antonio, Courtney's heel broke off her brand new boots from the Mango outlet...overall a very exciting and interesting night.
Me and Antonio :)

Fun with Malibu Rum
Now, a short recap of where we went this weekend:
El Son - really cute latin music club in Sol. The disadvantage is the greasy Spaniards or foreigners who try to pretend that they know salsa just to dance with you. If you don't have a partner, Salsa, Merengue and Bachata can get a bit boring after awhile.
Commo - we love this bar, it was even more exciting than last time. It is the perfect atmosphere in a touristy district. They play American music but most of the people are still Spaniards. It's not too big, not too small, not too crowded, and drinks are reasonably priced. We met up with Marco, a kid from the trip, and his host brother Manuel, who is a Spanish equivalent of Vince Vaughn. I kid you not, he's like 6'3", skinny, go the sideburns and crazy facial expressions. Good times.
Me and Manuel (Vince Vaughn!!)
Tex-Mex: GREAT bar down by the Republica de Argentia metro stop on the Gray line. This bar is all locals, good-looking ones at that! We met up with Marco and Manuel, I met a nice guy named Antonio, Courtney's heel broke off her brand new boots from the Mango outlet...overall a very exciting and interesting night.
Me and Antonio :)
Fun with Malibu Rum

2 Comments:
Awww, so cool to see you having fun out and about in Madrid! I think you're way ahead of me in terms of exploring the nightlife... Hmm, ironic - YOU're gonna be showing ME around when I come in spring!
Wow, looks like so much fun over there! I'm proud of you for keeping this great journal for onlookers and grandkids :) Love and hugs, Lali
Post a Comment
<< Home