Cuatro Caminos, and a homemade dinner
Today was pretty exciting, our second to last day of Orientation (I won't even begin to rant about how contrived and a colossal waste of time it is, bar from this mini-rant). Afterwards I trekked to the grocery store (a very great fear of mine, for reasons that probably make no sense to anyone else but me). What can I say? They're huge, corporate-looking and have way too much stuff in them. I usually end up with too much of what I don't need and not enough of the opposite.
Anyway, the supermarkets here aren't too overwhelming, and it's actually a little cheaper than the States. I have been eating sooo much healthier here than in the US simply due to lack of readily available fast food. It's just as much effort to walk to a restaurant as it is to the supermarket, so why not? The downside is that because I walk so much I'm ALWAYS HUNGRY!!! Anyone who wants to lose weight, move to Europe for a month, you'll probably drop 10 pounds. Smaller portions and no car to be lazy with. Get on it!
Later in the evening we went to Cuatro Caminos, just a strip of stores and urban sight-seeing. We hopped into several clothing and shoe stores, because we're girly like that. I had my first excursion at Zara, apparently the hoo-rah for fashion of Spain. Prices and style seem comparableto H&M,but i hear around the world Zara is extremely pricey, even in the States. Also they were having huge blowout sales, wahoo for me! I also bought pink flip-flops with flamingos on them.
So you're thoroughly bored, and I will bore you further with my latest accomplishment: my first home-made steak dinner!! Garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and soy sauce marinated flank complete with hot bread, fresh salad with green peppers, and white wine. I'm sooo the next Asian Rachel Ray! :)
Tomorrow is a special someone's birthday...
Anyway, the supermarkets here aren't too overwhelming, and it's actually a little cheaper than the States. I have been eating sooo much healthier here than in the US simply due to lack of readily available fast food. It's just as much effort to walk to a restaurant as it is to the supermarket, so why not? The downside is that because I walk so much I'm ALWAYS HUNGRY!!! Anyone who wants to lose weight, move to Europe for a month, you'll probably drop 10 pounds. Smaller portions and no car to be lazy with. Get on it!
Later in the evening we went to Cuatro Caminos, just a strip of stores and urban sight-seeing. We hopped into several clothing and shoe stores, because we're girly like that. I had my first excursion at Zara, apparently the hoo-rah for fashion of Spain. Prices and style seem comparableto H&M,but i hear around the world Zara is extremely pricey, even in the States. Also they were having huge blowout sales, wahoo for me! I also bought pink flip-flops with flamingos on them.
So you're thoroughly bored, and I will bore you further with my latest accomplishment: my first home-made steak dinner!! Garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and soy sauce marinated flank complete with hot bread, fresh salad with green peppers, and white wine. I'm sooo the next Asian Rachel Ray! :)
Tomorrow is a special someone's birthday...

4 Comments:
stay away from that flank steak, you want a flavorful cut of meat like a strip, porterhouse, or filet.
re: move to europe and lose ten pounds. hmmmmmm. don't quite think it is working out like that for me ;) must be the austrian emphasis on bread , cream based everything and of course chocolate. hehe. enjoying your posts, glad to see you are off to a good start :) xoxox, eli
I actually don't know the proper words for the parts of the cow in spanish, so 'flank' was the first seemingly technical term that came to mind. i do what i can!
If the Asian Rachely Ray say it's Flank, Flank it is... Happy Birthday Pam!!
Post a Comment
<< Home