Long walks in the dodgy part of town
So the walk to and from my school takes about a half hour. Walking back is pretty much uphill, plus I carry my laptop and soon-to-be textbooks. Me duele la espalda! Tonight I have to go to an interview at the school to work out my schedule, and to get to the school, you essentially have to walk through Parque del Oeste - the West Park - otherwise known as the "sketchy park one should avoid at night." Well ok I don't really have to walk through it, but on the periphery next to a major highway. So basically if I get mugged no one would really notice. This park is fine by day, but by night is notorious for hookers, exhibitionists (basically nudists who are essentially harmless but rather eccentric, and of course pickpocketers. So I just have to be vigilant and not carry more than 20 euro on me. Wish me luck!
Tomorrow, if weather permits, will be my first excursion around Madrid solely for picture-taking purposes. Be excited! :)
Tomorrow, if weather permits, will be my first excursion around Madrid solely for picture-taking purposes. Be excited! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home