Adventures in Ceramics
Today I had my first pottery class...wow, what a trek. The walk to school is already a downhill path, and then from the school to the Ceramics school is another 15 minutes of a steeper hill. Of course I picked today to dress up and wear fancy high heel boots >:o. Man, I'm gonna have the most toned buttocks when I come back, just you wait!
As far as the actual pottery class, it is challenging. I don't really have a knack for crafts anymore, hence the interest in music and photography. Working with the wheel is a totally new experience, and it's quite meditative...once you get into it, it's easy to forget what's going on around you and just concentrate on getting the perfect form. It's somewhat equivalent to having a lab, meets 3 hours once a week.......ok no, it's LEAGUES better than having a lab!!
In any case, I'm hoping that I get better, but I haven't worked with my hands since grade school, so we'll see how it goes!
*humming "Unchained Melody*
Two more days til the weekend! (That's right, no Friday classes!)
As far as the actual pottery class, it is challenging. I don't really have a knack for crafts anymore, hence the interest in music and photography. Working with the wheel is a totally new experience, and it's quite meditative...once you get into it, it's easy to forget what's going on around you and just concentrate on getting the perfect form. It's somewhat equivalent to having a lab, meets 3 hours once a week.......ok no, it's LEAGUES better than having a lab!!
In any case, I'm hoping that I get better, but I haven't worked with my hands since grade school, so we'll see how it goes!
*humming "Unchained Melody*
Two more days til the weekend! (That's right, no Friday classes!)

1 Comments:
i loved the movie GhoST!!!! woww i'm jealous of all the fun you're having!!
-christina
Post a Comment
<< Home